• Nov 7, 9:50 pmAdd us on Twitter @HumansOfBoro

Spotlight on FCCLA

Donia Osman

FCCLA is a nationwide club that has many chapters all throughout the country. In FCCLA, or Family, Career, Community Leaders of America, there are so many things going on that you are sure to find something that pleases you. With about 5,400 chapters and over 160,000 members nationwide, you could tell this is worthwhile to be a part of. Freehold Boro High School has a chapter, and they do so many fun things, so it is not an opportunity worth missing. The chapter goes on two trips a year that consist of conventions in which students can present their projects. One trip is in the fall and the other, an overnight trip, is in the spring. There are so many different types of projects to be a part of, ranging from topics like cooking, fashion, community service, children and family, finance, leadership, violence prevention, interior design, the environment, business, nutrition, education, and more. In order to fund these projects, students take part in several fundraising activities including selling different things like coupon books and chocolate, and by hosting FCCLA’s own Annual Fashion Show. This Fashion Show is a fun and exciting way to fund for their spring trip that involves the entire school community. In addition to fundraising and trips, the chapter does a lot of community service projects. All in all, FCCLA is such a fun club to be in and there is something for everybody! So, join FCCLA today as the chapter begins preparing for their spring trip.

-Donia Osman: Vice President of FCCLA