5 Closet-Essentials For Guys and Girls

Donia Osman

1) A Formal Outfit

A lot of formal events suddenly pop-up like surprise birthdays, family dinners, or an unexpected upcoming school event. For girls, a formal outfit, like a dress and matching heels, is a must. This dress can be simple in colors—black, white, navy blue, grey—or an entire pattern of colors. Nevertheless, a dress ready for any elegant event should be in any girl’s closet. For guys, a tuxedo and dress shoes are basic needs in the event of an extravagant occasion.

2) A Lightweight Coat

Fall and spring cover about half of the year, where the weather is not too cold or too hot. In those cases, a winter coat or a short-sleeved shirt worn in the summer may not be appropriate for the weather. So, anyone would need a lightweight coat or sweater to wear during those seasonal transitions to prevent from getting chilly or warm. For both guys and girls, a jean jacket is a fashionable example of a lightweight jacket that goes with just about anything.

3) A Pair of Sneakers

Whether it’s for gym class, sports, or the mile you run every Saturday, a comfy pair of sneakers is a necessity. In addition, they work for more than the activities listed above: school, work, shopping, hanging out with friends—anywhere. For both guys and girls, a pair of nice sneakers is needed as a go-to shoe.

4) A Plain Black/White Article of Clothing

For girls, plain tank tops are necessary for wearing under see-through blouses or tops. For both guys and girls, plain black and plain white long-sleeved shirts are needed in case of an event or to wear under clothing.

5) A Pair of Jeans

Of all the things on this list, the most essential is probably a good pair of jeans. For both girls and guys, having a pair of jeans that are comfy, goes with all your t-shirts and tops, and fits you well is extremely important. Jeans are perfect for all types of occasions and are very popular among teenagers especially. I recommend that people who don’t have a favorite pair of jeans that they can wear with anything should buy one as soon as possible.

About the Writer
Donia Osman, Staff Writer

Donia Osman is a sophomore at Freehold Boro High School who enjoys reading, traveling, shopping, listening to rock/pop music, the beach, and spending time with friends and family. She especially loves traveling to Cairo to see family and friends there. She has a pet turtle named Rosie who helps her remember to take life one small step at a time. Her dream to see the world as a fair place and plans to do her part by helping those in less fortunate countries. For now, though, she is a Friends fanatic who is studying hard in school.

• 5 Closet-Essentials For Guys and Girls

Arts & Entertainment

Fall Fashion Trends

Fashion

Fashion Show Review

Arts & Entertainment

Know Your Jeans

Arts & Entertainment

Trendy Time with Georgia Brooker

• Arts & Entertainment

Fashion Trends for the Cold Weather

Opinion

How it Looks in the HALLoween

Folio

A Lover

Folio

Bilingual

Opinion

Midterm Elections

Arts & Entertainment

Fall Fashion Trends

5 Closet-Essentials For Guys and Girls