Boro’s First Annual Color Run!

Photo Courtesy of Jordyn Lynch

The First Annual Color Run was hosted this past Saturday, the 20th, at Freehold High School. This senior class fundraiser was planned by the Student Council to raise money for the senior class trip to Frogbridge in June.

The event was a fun-filled day that started off with a 5k run around school grounds. Runners started down at the football field and participated in a warmup led by a Tiger Schulmann’s martial arts instructor, one of the sponsors of this year’s color run. They then ran up on the pavement past the baseball field towards Robertsville Road where a fire truck waited to spray the runners with the hose so the dye would be able to stick, though the rainy weather also did the job well. The runners went up Robertsville and around the front of the school, going back through the senior parking lot. They then zig-zagged through the grass by the soccer field and JV baseball and softball fields.

During this trip, student volunteers showered the runners with green, orange, and pink dye. The runners finished the lap by following the flags past the visitor’s bleachers and back to the start. After another one and a half laps, the runners completed the 5k and were covered in more yellow and red dye.

Once the race was completed everyone was welcome to stick around to check out the vendors, visit the food trucks, and watch people get pied in the face. This organized event was truly one to remember for the many seniors who attended the race. It was a fun experience as we close out our high school careers.