The Restaurants Downtown: An Honest Review

Photo+by+Jason+Leung+on+Unsplash%0A++
Photo by Jason Leung on Unsplash

Do you like going to downtown Freehold to eat on a half day with your friends? Well, I’m here to give you the lowdown on my idea of the best food joints in the downtown area. I will be giving all five locations a rating out of 10 based on price, food quality, service, and vibe. 

1.  Fusha Asian Fusion (8.5/10) – located at 27 South Street. If sushi is your thing, you can’t go wrong with Fusha. The wide variety of menu items, in addition to their fast service and their outstanding tasting food, is a combination for success. Whether you want a warm noodle soup on a cloudy day, or you’re celebrating the end of a week with a sushi or sashimi roll, this restaurant hits the spot. The only minor downside is that its lighting and lack of decor may cause it to feel slightly less comfy than some other places on this list.
  2. Sweet Lew’s (10/10) – located at 6 E Main Street.  If you thought the vibe in Fusha was good, then Sweet Lew’s will surely come as a great surprise to you. The smell of fresh coffee, the warm homelike feel, and the sound of hard-working servers just helps to push this diner to a perfect 10. Sweet Lew’s has your traditional breakfast foods and a large variety of salads and sandwiches. When in doubt, go to Sweet Lew’s Cafe, but make sure to get there before 2:30 as this is their weekday closing time.
  3. Ramen Nagomi (9.5/10) – located at 5 W Main Street. Imagine walking into the living room of a newly renovated, contemporary home. You look around to find pockets of greenery brightening up the place. Now imagine sitting down with a bowl of rich, flavorful soup in front of you. The food this place has to offer might beat out any of the other locations on this list. The service is fast and efficient with servers constantly checking up on you to ensure your needs are met. The only downside to this remarkable food joint is the pricing. It might be a bit expensive for a teenager’s typical budget. 
  4. Federici’s Family Restaurant (7/10) – located at 14 E Main Street. While a great restaurant to say the least, Federici’s may struggle to live up to the names of some of the other places on our list primarily due to the fact that this place is cash-only.  This may cause it to be a potential inconvenience for teenagers who don’t carry a wallet with them. But if a cash payment is not an issue, be sure to know you will enjoy some fresh, thin-crust pizza or a delicious homestyle Italian meal, whether it be a pizza for the table or a meal all to yourself. 
  5. Cafe 360 (8/10) – located at E Main Street. Last, but not least, we have Cafe 360. A good old-fashioned coffee shop, with great options to satisfy your hunger, your sweet tooth craving, or your comfort food desire. Whether you grab a bite with friends and sit at the high-top tables or go solo and study next to a warm fireplace, the feeling of a cozy environment is sure to be delivered. Ordering your food at the counter and having it delivered to your table is a great structure for a place like Cafe 360.