Calendar of Christmas Movies

Photo Courtesy of Matthew Kouveliotes

Now that Thanksgiving is over, it’s time to get into that holiday spirit! There is no better way to do that than by watching some of the greatest Christmas movies! However, it’s very difficult to fit all the Christmas movies into a high schooler’s schedule, so I’ve crafted together some of the best ones yet!

December 8th:

The 2004 classic “The Polar Express” is a Christmas movie we all know and love. The story of a doubting little boy believing in Christmas again is perfect for getting into the holiday cheer! Even though we’ve all watched it time and time again, the movie still manages to warm your heart and get you feeling festive. 

December 15th:

When the antagonist from the Barbie Movie and The Lego Movie, Will Ferell, is in a movie, it’s bound to be extremely funny. That’s exactly what “Elf” is! Ferell’s character, Buddy, traveling to find his father, gives us the perfect chance to capture the beauty of New York City during Christmas!

Christmas Weekend:

Finally, some of the best Christmas movies of all time follow the McCallister family. In this 1990 classic, “Home Alone,” eight-year-old Kevin McCallister is left home by accident during his family vacation to Paris! Even crazier, it happens again in the 1992 movie “Home Alone 2: Lost In New York”, when Kevin boards the wrong flight and ends up in New York City while his family is in Florida. Both of the Home Alone movies are extremely funny and have the perfect amount of action, drama, and comedy!