The Best Electives to Take at Boro

Image by Headway at Unsplash

Freehold Borough High School is filled with many diverse and interesting electives/activities. At Freehold Boro you are required to fill a certain amount of credits before you graduate. Within these credits, certain electives need to be checked off your schedule. There are full-year courses and half-year courses to help balance the amount of electives you need to take. 

In order to graduate you are required to have at least one year of art. This could include drama, chorus, applied art, etc. It is not only limited to actual art class, you are able to pick from a variety of choices to fill this credit. The next requirement is you need to take one year of 21st-century life and career electives. These electives are half-year courses. One of your half-year courses will be financial literacy: an elective to help you understand finances and your life after college. Your other half-year course can be whatever you want it to be as long as it’s a half-year elective. For example, you can take business management, creative foods, video production, and more.

Once those requirements are filled up, you are free to take whatever electives you want. after personally hearing opinions from past students and current attending students. I can positively say these are the best electives to take ever.

1. AP Psychology
  2. Peer leadership 
  3. Child development 
  4. Creative foods 
  5. Business Management 

Although this is just a top-five list, these were the most common answers from everyone I’ve talked to. I have personally taken some of these classes and the teachers are great, the course structure is interesting and overall there are fun classes to take.