“Little Women” Update!

Photo Courtesy of Cayden Jay

Boro is officially ten weeks into rehearsals for the Spring musical, “Little Women”! “Little Women”, a book by Louisa May Alcott and musical book by Allan Knee, is a charming and delightful story following a young woman named Jo and her three sisters, Meg, Amy, and Beth, along her life’s journey and making her way by becoming a famous writer and finding love all during the time of the civil war.

Boro’s cast of actors and actresses are now running the full-length show off-book. All songs are choreographed and finalized for the show with the help of a specially hired choreographer. All scenes were blocked by a hired director, with the help of assistant director, Ms. Sweeney, and songs were taught to both the pit and actors by Mr. Gross.

Boro’s tech crew has been hard at work building the beautiful set that our actors will use during the show. The set includes an attic, doors, and multiple sets of stairs. Boro’s tech crew will also help during the show by providing lighting and sound help.

Costumes, provided by a hired costumer, have arrived and are currently being mended and labeled by Boro’s hard-working costume crew. As of right now, not all of our actors have tried on and finalized their costumes, but the day is soon to come. However, all of our actors have their shoes for the show. These shoes consist of boots, loafers, and a few heels. Many actresses have expressed their excitement about wearing ball skirts. Customer students will help actors backstage with their quick changes during the shows.

Boro’s pit is steadily moving along learning the songs from the show and practicing with our singers. Much of the pit has expressed exhaustion from the difficulty of “Little Women”’s music, but we know they will play magnificently! A special thank you to Mrs. Rudowski for taking the time to play the bass with our band.

With just eight rehearsals left before tech week, our cast is running the full show multiple times a week and having a vocal rehearsal once every week. The playbill is gradually being put together using ads purchased by local businesses. If you know a business interested in purchasing an ad for the playbill, please fill out the form attached below and contact Ms. Sweeney at [email protected]. We would love to thank everyone who purchased ads for their generous support of Boro’s drama club, which is completely self-funded.

Come support Boro’s drama club by seeing “Little Women” at 7 PM on March 1st, at 1 or 7 PM on March 2nd soon using the link below!

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1p2tLvII4tCzwLgQ4uY36fauRVQb95u87zfbx7ozD3gk/edit (for ads)

Fhsdac.booktix.com
(for tickets to be available soon)