Is Black Friday Good or Bad?

Image by Ivan Samkov at Pexels

Everyone looks forward to the Friday after Thanksgiving. All shoppers are hoping to save an enormous amount of money while getting the best deals possible. Lately, the deals have been questioned. The idea around Black Friday is that the stores give out the best deals possible while allowing customers to save a great deal of money. These ideas have been in question because days after Black Friday including Cyber Monday have had better deals than than actual Black Friday. Is Black Friday just a scam for stores to make money?

Black Friday’s perception as good or bad depends on individuals. Supporters appreciate the discounts, tradition, and the boost it provides to retail stores. The argument that fuels this debate is the idea that the day leads to crowded and chaotic scenes.

Black Friday is mainly about discounts and savings. Many people see Black Friday as an opportunity to get a significant amount of money off of their products while also saving money on purchases that might be more expensive. It is also about tradition though. Black Friday has become an important part of American culture. Everyone enjoys the Friday after Thanksgiving because everyone goes shopping and is able to save so much money. This is the day that everyone looks forward to. Black Friday also is a crucial day for retailers. It boosts sales for stores into the black. It allows stores that might have been struggling to make a significant amount more money.

The argument that Black Friday is a scam consists of negative complaints. People argue that Black Friday just focuses on getting the best deals for unnecessary purchases. The lines are also tremendously long. This could be such a stressful and dangerous day. Everyone pushes and shoves their way into a store without a care for anyone around them. Employees are also forced to work ridiculously long hours on Black Friday without giving the employee a break.
There are two sides to this argument and neither of them have a better argument. Anyone can side with whether Black Friday is good or bad and some people can be in the middle. Personally, I don’t agree or disagree. Black Friday is a very exciting day, but also is a little bit of a scam. It is all about the deal that you get on your purchase and where you are shopping.