Just Making Controversial Opinions: Winter Bliss over Summer Miss

Photo Courtesy of Anum Farghani

I am always fond of the seasons. Winter, fall, spring, and summer were the main seasons, of course, but which had the best seasons? Now, the obvious answer is fall, because it is not too hot and not too cold. Same for spring, but those are too clear of a choice since both fall and spring are neutral? What if, hypothetically, there were only the two extreme seasons? Winter and summer are basically polar opposites, but which one is the better season> Well, I suppose you are very, uh, eager to find out. Just a small disclaimer, this is fully my opinion and I could already feel the intense rage some of you summer-lovers may feel. So really, I am telling you summer people to cool off, no pun intended.

We all know winter is better than summer, right? The whole atmosphere of winter feels a lot more lively than summer. The chills of winter make me feel more awake and relaxed. The winter makes it so the bugs are shunned from the outside and can’t bother me. I also love wearing warm clothes and shoes like sweaters, jackets, pants, and boots. The cold temperature makes it so I don’t sweat, when in the summer, standing outside with the appropriate clothing can still make you sweat without even moving! And when I mean “cold temperature”, I am referring to the weather being 30-50 degrees. For me, I can’t stand the blazing heat on my body so I am more likely to just stay inside.

Perhaps I enjoy the cold weather because I am an inside-person. I’m not one of those people to go outside and explore my surroundings. The thought of staying in my home to relax seems a lot more enjoyable. The winter chill basically forces people to stay inside…which to me isn’t really a force since I love relaxing in my house. When I think about it, all of my family are people who love to go outside and see stuff. They are usually a lot more bored during the winter times since they don’t like the cold in New Jersey. I can see why our views of winter not being better than summer…but my opinion still stands with winter having better weather.
Winter makes the overall day feel faster and not as long-lasting. I like the dark skies during the morning and the evening. The chill makes me feel more awake and alert too. As I may be wrong in the eyes of many people, I still find the winter and the cold better. The cold just speaks to me in a weird way that makes me like it. Regardless of how I feel…but what do you feel about the cold and winter? Do you find it better? Worse? Neutral?