Restaurant Update: Trama’s Trattoria

Trama’s Trattoria is an Italian restaurant located in the West End in Long Branch. I went there recently, this is how it went.

The Wait:
We went on a Saturday night, with a reservation for 8 PM. Although we were not seated until around 8:15, they were extremely apologetic for the backup and offered to get us drinks while we waited.

The Bread:
The bread was extremely good and came with oil for dipping. It was seasoned well, and had great flavor (8/10).

The Appetizer:
We ordered the cacio e pepe special as an appetizer. It was a great portion size for sharing, the noodles were cooked well, and the cheese tasted great. It came out quickly, too. (9/10).

My Entree:
I ordered the rigatoni. It had Italian sweet sausage, peas, tomatoes, and parmesan cheese. The pasta was cooked perfectly and the sauce and the Italian sweet sausage were very good. However, there were a lot of peas in the pasta, and they did not taste great. In my opinion, they were not needed. (8/10).

Dessert:
For dessert, I ordered a cappuccino and tiramisu. The cappuccino came out first, and although it was quite hot, it tasted great (9/10). The tiramisu was served “affogatto style” meaning that they poured espresso over it. The tiramisu came with ice cream, and in combination with the espresso, it was perfect (10/10).

Overall:
Overall, Trama’s Trattoria was a very nice experience, the atmosphere was great, and the service was exceptional. If you’re looking for some great Italian food, and willing to take the trip, Trama’s Trattoria should be on your list!