Haunted Movie Marathon

Photo+by+David+Menidrey+on+Unsplash%0A++
Photo by David Menidrey on Unsplash

The fall breeze and end of September officially marks the beginning of the spooky season. Trick-or-treating is the way to go for some, but a scary movie marathon suits others better. Here are 4 must watch Halloween movies to add to your list. 

1. Saw X

With an exciting plot and storyline, Saw X invites the franchise’s fans to stick out for one of its best sequels yet. This movie is set between the events of Saw I and II, in Mexico. The main character, John Kramer, travels to Mexico for a risky medical procedure only to discover the entire operation is a scam. The infamous serial killer uses his own tactics to con the con-artists. 

2. Scream VI

Receiving a high score on rotten tomatoes of 91% is the new Scream. The movie follows the plot of Scream V and follows the latest Ghostface Killings. The survivors leave Woodsboro and start a fresh chapter.

3. The Nun II

Another addition to the Conjuring franchise is The Nun II. A priest is murdered and evil spreads. This sequel follows Sister Irene as she once again comes head on with Valak, the demon nun. While this movie is not based on true events, there are references to real-life demons and other mythological figures. This movie is filled with jump scares and slight violence. 

4. Knock at the Cabin

Night Shyamalan, a popular American film director known for his films with supernatural plots, released a thriller that’s perfect if you don’t want something gory. The movie takes place while a family is vacationing at a remote cabin in the woods. The family is then taken hostage by armed strangers who demand the family to make impossible decisions to avoid an apocalypse. With no access to the outside world, the family must believe them before everything is gone.

View Comments (1)