Best of 2020: Movies and TV Shows that Teens Loved 

2020 has been a great year for finding new movies and shows to watch and love. When the world was put on lock-down in March, eveyone needed something to do, and went to their streaming service to pass the time. Many new shows and movies have come out this year and have helped everyone get through the long months of living inside. Here are some of the top movies and shows that teens loved this year!

Shows:

• Outer Banks This teen drama, adventure, and action show came out in April and was a fan-favorite from the start. Outer Banks is the story of a group of teens living their lives in Outer Banks, North Carolina facing the stereotype of the rich and the poor. The 4 main characters are known as the “Pogues”, who are the poor people of the town, and are on the journey to find the story of the group’s leader John B’s father. This show is currently in progress of filming a season 2 and is expected to be released in mid 2021.
  • All American This teen drama show origi nally aired on TV in 2018 but came to Netflix in March. This show is about a high school student living in California pursuing his dream of football at Beverly High. He is struggling to keep his lives in Beverly Hills and his hometown of Crenshaw separate from one another so they don’t crash. This show is currently filming a season 3 and will be released in January on The CW.
  • Tiger King This one-season show came to Netflix in March and aired its final episode in April. This documentary is about a guy named Joe Exotic who has a zoo with exotic animals and a woman named Carol Baskin hates him for this. She wants to protect exotic animals and fight for their rights and the two are constantly getting into arguments and fights. This show was a family favorite to many, but some watchers could not see the point to this show and found it wasted their time watching it.
  • Never Have I Ever “Never Have I Ever” was released to Netflix on April 27, 2020. This show is the story of the main character Devil’s attempt to return to a normal life after the death of her father. She wants to return back to school by losing her virginity to the hottest boy in school, Paxton Hall-Yoshida. Devil wants to change her social status in school and have everyone look at her completely differently. This show received many positive reviews and was renewed another season by Netflix!

Movies:

• The Kissing Booth 2 This sequel was released on Netflix on July 24, 2020. After a romantic summer together, the two love birds Noah and Elle part their separate ways and try to keep their relationship alive. Noah is off to Harvard and Elle is conquering her senior year of high school. But when the new boy Marco comes to Elle’s high school, life changes, and her relationship with Noah is put to the test. This movie was a fan favorite the second it came out and there has been talk of a Kissing Booth 3 coming out July 2021!
  • Clouds This movie, based on a true story, was released to Disney+ on October 16,  2020. “Clouds” is the story of Zach Sobiech and his journey to record his song “clouds”. He battles an osteosarcoma, a deadly bone cancer, and the movie tells the story of his battle, friendship with his best friend, his first love, and the impact of his music and personality and those around him. This movie features Sabrina Carpenter as Zach’s best friend and his story is a true inspiration.
  • To All the Boys: P.S. I Still Love You This romance movie was released on February 12, 2020 and although it was not released during the lockdown, this movie was still very popular. As Laura-Jean’s relationship with Peter continues to grow, she is reunited with a recipient of one of her old love letters, John Ambrose McClaren. Laura-Jean and Noah’s relationship are put to the test with other love interests coming into the picture and they try to stay with one another through it all. There is a third movie and has already been filmed, but Netflix is leaving fans waiting for it to be released!
  • Onward This movie was released on March 6, 2020 but was released to Disney+ on April 3, 2020. Teenage elf brothers Ian and Barley go on a magical quest to spend another day with their father. This journey is filled with excitement and impossible obstacles but when their mom finds out they are missing, she teams up with a manticore to get her boys back home. This movie was released right before the world went into lockdown and only made 141 million in the box office, but it was a crowd pleasing movie that families and children loved.