The Homecoming Dance 2023

Image by cottonbro studio at Pexels

Attending the homecoming dance is a must when it comes to a high school experience. Loud music, dancing with friends, and lots of food. This year, our homecoming theme was The Great Gatsby/Roaring Twenties, so wherever you looked, you could see bright gold, silver, and black colors. The halls, from the cafeteria to the gym doors, were decorated with long paper, which contained many beautiful paintings. Streamers hung from the ceilings, and there was a giant balloon arch in which people could take photos. Many teachers and students dressed on theme, while others didn’t. But overall, the dance was a fun night full of lots of food and good music.

This year’s Homecoming Court was made up of Taylor Atkinson, Breanna Cies, Spencer Friedman, Cailin Holley, Grey Levine, Samantha Ngo, Jamarie Saravia, Sharon Siu, Carter Stokes, Riley Turner, Daniel Vazquez, and Jihad Worthy. This year’s Congenial Colonials were Carter Stokes and Spencer Friedman, and the Homecoming Royalty were Grey Levine and Jahid Worthy. Fun fact: this is the second year in a row in which one of the marching band drum majors has won homecoming royalty.

From the music to the photos to the food to the amazing decorations, homecoming is definitely not a night to forget. Thank you to the PTSO and the student council for making homecoming possible!

View Comments (1)