The Rise of the H.O.P.E Club

Here is a spotlight on one of the many clubs at Freehold Borough High School: HOPE Club! 
Photo Courtesy of Teresa Hernandez-Vasquez

The HOPE club is a club standing to help the Hispanic community in the school. They work as an outreach program for minorities who might not be able to get the help/support they need for school, outside of school. This club has been an ongoing program but as the years went on the club started to die out. It wasn’t until last year, 2022 that the club started to resurge. 

With the help of their supervisor, Mrs.Santanna the club started to take part in small projects around the school. Some of these projects would be, selling roses for Valentine’s Day with a custom message attached and writing positive, heartwarming letters on everyone’s locker. 

As time goes on HOPE becomes a bigger and more impactful club in the Boro community. One of the new projects they have added would be inviting guest representatives of the Hispanic community to discuss their struggles, background, education, and important life lessons that they have learned as they’ve grown. These guest representatives got to speak to the Boro community during the Hispanic Heritage Month assembly. As a student myself, I not only found this very helpful in helping me with my future but as part of the Hispanic community I felt touched and finally seen. 

Over all the HOPE club is an upcoming club that helps Boro become a more inclusive, welcoming community and helps others embrace their heritage. As time goes on the club can only grow and I can’t wait to see what the future holds for this wonderful club!