Update on The 2024 Presidential Election

Image+by+Eyestetix+Studio+at+Unsplash+
Image by Eyestetix Studio at Unsplash

In the last article about the 2024 Election, there were lots of questions that were left up in the air about various factors of the election. A lot has happened since October, so there have been lots of changes in the election. 

Who are the Republican Candidates?

Back in October, many candidates were hoping for the Republican nomination. Since then, primaries have started and many candidates have suspended their campaign. Since the Iowa Caucuses, the only major candidates left are former President Donald Trump and former Ambassador Nikki Haley. The polls, however, show that Donald Trump has a significant lead over Nikki Haley. 

Who are the Democratic Candidates?

Since October, Marianne Williamson has suspended her campaign, leaving President Biden and Representative Dean Phillips left as potential nominees. While there are many concerns about President Biden’s mental capacity, he still leads in polls.

Can Donald Trump Run?

Many states are currently trying to remove the former president from their ballots. Maine and Colorado have done so already. However, there is an ongoing Supreme Court case trying to determine the constitutionality of removing Trump from the ballot. The result of this case will significantly affect the election.