Midterms as a Freshman

Image by Alexis Brown at Unsplash

Going into high school is stressful. Things such as taking the midterm exams are so much different compared to middle school. So I interviewed a freshman about her thoughts and emotions before taking her midterms.

____________________________________________

Jiya: Can you share any challenges you encountered during the midterm preparation?

Riya: Staying focused while studying would be the hardest thing because the pressure and stress made me lose my focus a lot.

Jiya: What goals did you set for yourself before taking your midterms, and do you see you achieved them?

Riya: Goals that I’ve set for myself was to really try and study and limit the amount of social media. I did achieve them because I studied a lot and decreased my screen time which I am very proud of.

Jiya: How do you handle stress during exam periods?

Riya: Even though I was very stressed, I managed it by just believing in myself, and yeah.

Jiya: Do you have any advice on future freshmen who will take the midterm exams?

Riya: I would just tell them to study and believe in themselves.

Jiya: Well thank you for taking the time to let me interview you and good luck on your midterms.

Riya: Thank you.