5 Ways to Become a Better Student

Back to Article
Back to Article

5 Ways to Become a Better Student

Marjuly Cruz, Staff Writer

The new year is here, and along with it come everyone’s resolutions; however, most resolutions are given up on not even halfway into the month. Even so, it is never too late to improve in one’s studies, whether you want to be the best in class, or simply enhance your approach to school. Listed below are five tips on how to become a better student:

• Stay Organized

Organization is key. When trying to stay on top of things, simple things like setting reminders for yourself for certain due dates or color coding each class to keep everything in order is sure to help you out a lot in the long run.

• Set Goals for Yourself

Set a goal, for yourself, no matter how small, to keep you motivated in a certain class or school in general. Setting goals for yourself will give you a direction in your life as a student. This can include working hard to get a B in a class you’re not doing too well in, or a smaller goal, such as studying harder to get an A on your next quiz.

• Go for Extra Help When Needed

Many teachers offer after school help on certain days or are willing to help when requested. After all, your teacher is the expert on the material taught, and what’s better than one on one help directly from them? If you see that you need a little more help on a certain topic, take advantage of this resource.

• Don’t Be Afraid to Ask Questions

Sometimes a little clarification is all you need to fully understand what is being taught in class. Never be afraid to ask a question, no matter how insignificant it may seem. If you see that your teacher is busy, turn to your classmates and ask them. If you think a question is silly or that others will think lower of you, chances are, they are probably wondering the same thing.

• Find A Way to Study That Works for You

Studying is very important when preparing for upcoming tests or quizzes; however, not everyone has the same studying method. Maybe reading directly from a study guide isn’t cutting it for you. At times like these, it is best to find other ways to study that ensure your full understanding of the subject. Making flash cards or creating a Quizlet study guide are two alternatives you may find useful.

• 5 Ways to Become a Better Student

Opinion

The Egg

• 5 Ways to Become a Better Student

Opinion

Phones Out at the Dinner Table

• 5 Ways to Become a Better Student

Arts & Entertainment

Game Review: Elder Scrolls Online

• Opinion

Top 5 Tips From a Senior On the College Application Process

• 5 Ways to Become a Better Student

Op-Ed

The Realization That Santa is Fake

• 5 Ways to Become a Better Student

Op-Ed

George H.W. Bush

• 5 Ways to Become a Better Student

Opinion

How it Looks in the HALLoween

• 5 Ways to Become a Better Student

Opinion

Midterm Elections

• Opinion

Fall Opinions

• Opinion

Red Queen Book Review

5 Ways to Become a Better Student